Monday, June 13, 2011

"Porwigle"

Also known as Purwiggi, Polliwig and Polliwog. "the immature free-living form of most invertebrates and amphibians and fish which at hatching from the egg is fundamentally unlike its parent and must metamorphose".

Yep, that's me. A child of the King, but still in process. Born again, but not full-grown. Beloved and accepted by God, letting Him make me more like Him daily. Fundamentally UNlike Him at birth, and the metamorphosis has begun. This is the work of the Spirit and I gladly receive His hands' chiseling to make me decrease and HIM increase. Yet oddly enough I am the more comfortable with this earth-suit the more I let Him own it. For He makes all things beautiful in His time. "Then we shall be what we should be".


Now the background you see? That's the view from the pond. A polliwog can't see what's up over the rise, where all those carefree dandelion tufts are drifting. But soon we'll get our legs. Then we'll hop right out of the muddy old home, up the bank, into the bright green sunlit field and...well, perhaps here the analogy ceases, because really I want to FLY! And the unpoetic frogs don't. But you get the point.

So here's (a blog) to waiting eagerly for the arrival of my big brother Jesus, abiding in Him so that when He comes I will not be ashamed. Because He is not ashamed of us! (Hebrews 2:11) May we embrace together the loving training of the Master Teacher as He exposes and challenges more of our natural selves and replaces these with His Self, letting Him win over our hearts and change us truly, deeply. I am not what I was, nor yet what I shall be, but I am satisfied with the One Who owns me forever.

How I love Him, because He first loved me!


Incidentally, this was also my dad's nickname for me and no you may NOT call me by it...

No comments:

Post a Comment